There will be activity in the boatyard (restoration, ropewalk,
small boat workshop, smithy) all summer (Mon-Fri until 3 pm).
May 4th-August 30th. 10 am - 5 pm every day.
The café: 10 am - 5 pm.
Every hour on the hour (except 2 pm) we will have guided tours of
the boatyard, in Norwegian or English, depending upon the group.
Tours in German can be arranged in advance.
• "Ropemaking" tells the story off how this skill developed and
changed with new materials.
• "The Coast" shows some of the earliest photos from the coast of
Norway. They portrate the coast in a time when wooden boats and
siling ships still dominated. In the exhibition we follow the coast
fram Kristiania (Oslo) to Troms in Northern Norway.
• The Museum yard is an exhibition of boats buiing built or
restored at the museum.
Multi Image programs:
"When the sea was the way" explains how vital the sea has been as
a means of communication.
"The Nordland Trade" follows a young man on his first tour to the
north of Nor- way, to purchase dried cod, in the 1920s.
"The woman by the sea" is about coastal life in earlier times,
from a woman's perspective.
Maritime films - on request.
Starting of motor every workday, at 1pm, when the motor experts
are at work.
* Activities Course with tasks around the boatyard. We challenge
your practical skills and know how.
* Make your own rope, and take the skipping rope with you
* You can make your own toy boat and try it out in the trough.
Always a winning activity amongst the young ones.
* Playground with boats. We have water were the boats can float
around. But it is very shallow!
When the Hardanger jakt, "Mathilde" is in port, she can be rented
for day trips.
We rent out four traditional rowboats that were built at HFS, and
send you off with maps, information and tips for trips. We also
rent out fishing gear. if you do not dare to go out on your own it
is possibly to hire a guide for the rowing tour. The boats can be
hired for just a small row on the harbour or for a several day trip
along the shores of the Hardangerfjord.
KARI LOUISE CAFÉ
In our café we serve light meals, homemade cakes, coffee and tea.
(Refreshments for groups should be arranged in advance.)
• Adults kr. 90,-
• Children 7-15 yrs., students, retirees kr. 50,-
• Families: kr. 190,-
• Season ticket : kr. 150,-
• Family season ticket: kr. 320,-
• Rebate for groups of more than 15 people.
OUTSIDE REGULAR HOURS
Guided tours in the evenings, and outside of the season, are
welcome. Contact us for details and to make arrangements.
RENTAL OF CAFÉ AND
It is possible to rent our café and film room for courses,
meetings and private events. We offer catering, guided tours and
other services. In the summer season, these rooms are only
available in the evenings.